Sunday 11 August 2013

To All Our Relations

For my recent sound meditation at the Sound Lodge, I consciously connected with the Four Directions and Elements as usual and especially the Animal Kingdom. I have of late been noticing extra interest from our neigbourly cows, swallow population, a particular robin and various jackdaws. During the gonging part of the meditation our very timid rescue dog Millie let herself out of the house and uncharacteristically circled round and round the outside of the Sound Lodge, as if to take part in some way. One participant later reported that Millie had placed her paw on her heart as if to comfort her after the meditation had finished. I didn't think too much about it at the time but that night I had a very profound and traumatic memory of when my first ever dog was run over when I was 9 years old and my nose mysteriously bled on the pillow. What am I saying here? I believe that Milly in all her great wisdom heard and responded the healing call of connection to the Animal Kingdom and played a vital role in the healing and release of doggy and human memory of trauma. Beautifully, the theme for the meditation was courage to release and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment